'The Client' - person or persons making the booking and signing the contract, (the Lessee)
'The Company' - Chalet Petit Ours (The Lessor)
1. Booking Following requesting your booking in writing, clients will be asked for a 40% deposit, upon receipt of which you will receive a booking confirmation and the contract between Chalet Petit Ours and the client which is governed by these booking conditions. This will confirm the dates booked and the services included. Payments include accommodation only and no flights or airport transfers although the latter can be arranged. Any payments to third party suppliers booked on your behalf must be paid directly to that supplier according to their payment terms. Final payment will be due 8 weeks prior to arrival. If the payment is not received at this point, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and levy cancellation charges as detailed below.
2. Visitors The chalet is strictly for a maximum of 11 guests and no person other than those listed on the booking form may reside in the chalet except by arrangement - i.e an amendment to contract. Should any additional guests come for dinner, additional charges for these services may be requested. The chalet may not be used for drinks receptions or parties.
3. Payment Full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the rental period and can be made by direct bank transfer, the details of which will be supplied on the contract
4. Cancellation and amendments Full payment will be due 8 weeks prior to commencement of the rental period unless we are able to find an alternative client for this period. Should there be a difference in the rental price due to the late marketing opportunity, this difference would be payable by the initial client and all other monies would be refunded. Prior to this period, cancellation between 8 and 12 weeks will result in a 50% refund. After this period, only the deposit would be forfeited. Amendments to a contract would result in no costs providing no costs are incurred by the Company in making the changes to either rental dates or services procured on behalf of the client. Should costs be incurred, the Client will be responsible for these. Should the client take the rental with some parts unoccupied or not occupy the property at all, no reductions will be due. No refunds would be due owing to late arrival of flights or transport owing to heavy snow falls.
5. Misrepresentation The Company provides full detail to the very best of the ability in marketing literature of all their services and chalet contents. In the event of any questions, the Company is happy to provide any further details required. Once the deposit is paid, no refunds will be due owing to lack of amenities expected which are not already mentioned as provided on the web site and literature (more detail is provide with the contract). All cancellations and amendments must be put forward in writing and notice taken from the date of receipt. The use of the SKY television system can be interrupted by very heavy snow storms. Normal TV is always available and a library of films but there would be no refunds for loss of SKY during inclement weather.
6. Damages The Client is responsible for any damages including breakages to property or contents of the chalet not caused by a structural fault of the chalet. The chalet is finely furnished and for the enjoyment of the Client, all furnishings are left out when the Owners are not in residence. The Client and all members of the rental party and any of their guests are required to treat all contents with respect and to avoid any activity which could result in damage. It is the responsibility of the Client to indicate any damage during tenancy and to inform the chalet staff accordingly prior to departure. The Client will be notified with 48 hours of any damage noted during the changeover clean and an invoice sent to the client for either replacement or repairs which is payable within 14 days. Further time may be required if quotes are required.
7. Insurance All members of the rental party must be covered by personal holiday insurance, ensuring that they are covered for Winter Sports. The Company bears no liability for any personal injury, third party risks and damage to the property or its contents caused by the rental party during its stay. The client accepts on behalf of all members of the travel party that you ski and enjoy other winter sports at your own risk within the restrictions imposed by the resort or other authorities. We are not responsible for your actions and these restrictions. Staff and the Company will not be held responsible for any children left unattended or damage caused as a result. Childcare services can be procured.
8. Resort transport The use of transport offered by Chalet Petit Ours in the provided vehicle around the resort is offered at your own risk. It is not permitted for guests to self drive this vehicle. It can be driven only by Chalet Petit Ours employees. Children under 12 years will not be transported unaccompanied.
9. Animals Animals are not allowed within the property.
10. No shoe policy The chalet operates a strict no shoe policy owing to the sensitivity of the wood flooring. The client will be liable for any damages incurred. Slippers are provided or guests may bring their own indoor flat shoes.
11. Smoking and Fire is strictly prohibited within Chalet Petit Ours. The Company reserves the right to ask guests to vacate the chalet should this occur. Smoking is also prohibited on any balconies, owing to fire hazards. Guests are also prohibited from removing any ashes from the fireplace as this is the biggest cause of chalet fires. Fires will be relaid each day by chalet staff.